Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Painting with Michele and Planning for Longreach

Last week, Andy's partner Michele and I continued with the job of making signs for the nursery where she volunteers. They'll be going in to the veggie patch at Mornington Peninsula Youth Enterprises, a nursery set up to provide skill training for unemployed and disadvantaged youth on the Mornington Peninsula. The website is http://www.mpye.org.au/
Our young friend Christos designed the font and helped with the painting the previous week. Michele has a great blog http://www.landforveggies.blogspot.com .

I leave for Brisbane on Saturday 15th August and fly to Longreach on the Sunday, where I will meet my friend, Irene. We have planned our trip carefully, allowing flexible stays at various places, with our eventual arrival home about 12th September.
Our first few days will take us from Longreach to Winton, Boulia, Mt Isa, Cloncurry, maybe Lawn Hill, Normanton and Karumba, where Irene intends that I should "dip my toe in the Gulf"!
What an excitement - the only part of Queensland that I have seen is Brampton Is - on our honeymoon in 1970.

No comments:

Post a Comment